Gabriel-Glas Alpha Decanter
On the table this is a handsome work of art. In the hand, its thoughtful details make it practical to use; open on both ends for proper aeration, a diamond-honed rim for drip-free pouring, and a gentle curve so that mature wines can settle their sediment.
- Hand-blown and handcrafted
- Brilliant lead-free crystal
- Balanced for ease of pouring
- Drip-free, diamond-honed rim
A Note from Jonah
"Decanting a wine is an act of respect. Respect for the wine in that a little oxygen and a chance to unfurl allows it to show off its complexity. Respect for the drinker in that a decanted wine is easier on the palate and more open on the nose. Alpha Decanter adds a touch of respect for the art of glass blowing with its graceful curve and precise details."
- Height: 300 mm (11.81 in)
- Width: 85 mm (3.34 in)
- Weight: 715 g (25.22 oz) with variability since each is unique
- Rinse with hot water after use
- Dishwasher safe and recommended when needed
- Powdered detergent is usually better than liquid
- Be sure it's safe from falling over
- Polish when damp and still steamy
- Store in a well-ventilated area
Stunning Lead-Free Crystal
Made from carefully sourced, low-iron sand that is blended with a proprietary mix of metals and purifiers that add clarity and brilliance while also strengthening the material.
Decanting a wine helps to open the aromas and soften the tannins. Doing these with elegance and beauty is simply a bonus.
Hand-blown and Handcrafted
The same artisans that make the stunning Gold Edition stems make the Alpha Decanter from the same, stunning, lead-free crystal.
The rim of the decanter is diamond cut and diamond polished to be razor sharp and drip-free.
Brilliant & Strong
The artistry of Gabriel-Glas lies at its very core: the crystal itself. It starts with the careful sourcing of low-iron sand (to prevent that familiar green cast of a Coke bottle) and the precise and constantly adjusted addition of metals and purifiers like Erbium through the melting process. The result is a stunningly brilliant, fiercely hard crystal.